On Thursday March 14th, 30 keen volunteers made their way to Tom Baines school to continue the CSEG’s relationship with the CBE and schools Outreach. Our excellent volunteer judges helped evaluate students projects. Not only did they evaluate the projects, they also passed on an enthusiasm for learning and science. The judges were impressed by the students creativity, drive and energy. Special thanks to Stephen Kotkas for helping with organizing and thanks to the lead judges of Alex Shrake, Elizabeth Ramsey, Andrew Mills, Kevin Glass, Nathan Baker, Rob McGrory, and Devika Naidu. The CSEG Foundation Outreach committee is always looking for more volunteers.
- Science Break: Heart Attacks – “From the Archives”
- The New Reservoir Characterization
- AVO Modeling in Seismic Processing and Interpretation Part 1. Fundamentals
Yongyi Li, Jonathan Downton, and Yong Xu
- Improved AVO fluid detection and lithology discrimination using Lamé petrophysical parameters: "λp", "µp", and "λ/µ fluid stack": from P and S inversions
Bill Goodway, T. Chen and J. Downton
- The wedge model revisited
Joanna Cooper, Don Lawton and Gary Margrave
- Seismic Attributes – a promising aid for geologic prediction
Satinder Chopra and Kurt Marfurt
- Scanning Calgary's Water Towers: Applications of Hydrogeophysics in Challenging Mountain Terrain
Craig Christensen et al.
- AVO analysis in the presence of NMO stretch and offset dependent tuning