On your mark! Get ready, the CSPG, CSEG, & CAPL will be running our annual Roadrace and Fun Run this September. Expanding on last year's format, the event promises to be better than ever!
Again we are offering both a 10km and a 5km race. We have secured Winning Time to provide chip timing and Events-on- Line will provide easy on-line registration.
The run will take place on Wednesday, September 12, 2012. Start time 6:00pm just north of the Eau Claire YMCA. The route will take you on an out-and-back course along the beautiful Bow River pathway, finishing at the Eau Claire YMCA. Following the race, all racers, volunteers, and guests are invited to gather at the Calgary Curling Club, just north of Princess Island for awards, draw prizes, refreshments, and some friendly camaraderie. So if you are looking for a competitive race or just want to have fun, come join us!
The race is open to all members of the CSPG, CSEG, and CAPL, and the general public, however, space is limited to 200 participants. So register early to avoid disappointment! There will be NO race day registration. For more information or to register, visit our website www.cspg.org\events. For sponsorship opportunities please contact: Dan Cicero 403- 531-7711 firstname.lastname@example.org, or Shirley Fleming 403-269- 4400, Shirley.Fleming@perpetualenergyinc.com.
To help you, Gord Hobbins of Gord's Running Store has developed a 10km race training guide for novice runners. Try it out and benefit from some expert advice, you may be surprised how easy it can be to gently get yourself in condition for your first race.
Guidance/Tips: For novice runners who wish a do-it-yourself program at your leisure.
- Run for short durations between 3 and 5 times per week according to schedule, with your long run days being the key to your training program.
- If your running shoes are giving you some problems, get some which fit and match your gait.
- Guide allows for a gradual increase to a comfortable load; your legs may need some conditioning at first.
- Yes, times are in minutes. The secret is to be regular and not beat yourself up.
- Wear a hat and cool shades. Keep well hydrated. It really helps.
- Gently stretch those calves and quads afterwards.
- Take along a friend and convince them to sign up for CSPG, CSEG and the RoadRace as well.
- Many thanks go out to our sponsors and volunteers who make this event possible each year! We hope to see you there!
Share This CSEG Report